Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Pyramids

While I was in Mexico City for two weeks in August I finally made it out to the pyramids. I have been to Mexico City almost a dozen times and this was the first time I actually stayed over a weekend. The pyramids were a neat experience, you can even climb them. At our own risk of course because they are VERY steep and there are no railings ;-). I can tell you in the US they wouldn't allow this. Our tour guide did tell me last month there was a tourist that fell and had to go to the emergency room. A emergency room in Mexico City, no thanks!

I did meet some really nice people on my tour...couples from Australia, Italy, Peru, Miami, London, etc. I did help that I know a little Spanish so I was often included in conversations. Well I could understand it, I didn't speak much....which is unusual for me ;-)

Here are a few pics from my trip.

That is me...someone graciously offered to take a picture for me. I usually don't get pictures of me at places unless I do a self-portrait or ask someone to take one for me.


Here are some "crazies" climbing one of the pyramids. You can see how steep it is.

Here is one of the three pyramids. This is the largest one.



I did climb a pyramid and it was probably the smallest of the three. Going up was fine, but coming down I thought for sure I would trip and fall down the pyramid face first. Luckily, one of the friends I made spotted me the whole way down ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment