Friday, August 14, 2009

NYC love...




Jeff, Katie and I went to NYC two weeks ago to celebrate our friend Mike's 30th Birthday...we had a great time. I do love NYC, but I wouldn't want to live there.

We did a lot of things in the city in one day, but I would have to say my highlight was our trip to a new cupcake place. We usually frequent the uber-famous Magnolia bakery in Greenwich village, but this time we tried another new bakery. Oh my, I was not disappointed...CRUMBS bakery. They have lots of fun flavors like...Watermelon, Key Lime, Grasshopper and Cookie Dough. The best part is they deliver. Although, it is quite pricey since they pack them in dry ice. I think I will just wait until the next time we go to NYC to visit Mike. Unless he delivers them the next time he comes to the Midwest (hint, hint).

So the other stuff we did that day was...

took the Staten Island ferry to see breeze past the Statue of Liberty (tickets were sold out so we had to do the poor mans tour)


Here is us on the ferry (minus Jeff).



Went to the Pier....I forget which one it was.

Katie took the bull by its horns.


We went to a museum ;-)

Had some fun in Chinatown (although Katie was the only documented one).





After a long freakin' day we satdown and rested with some JUMBO Margaritas...oh yeah!!!

We had a great time in the short time we were there...Friday to Monday morning. I hope we can do it soon...assuming Mike will have us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment